Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Cthulhu Rally?

Last post 08-24-2006 10:17 AM by Scatterspell. 75 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2006 3:44 AM In reply to

Re: Cthulhu Rally?

We briefly cover the lack of Cthulhu Rally in Yog Radio #11

Yog Radio #11: Return of the Terror-ble Trio

Paul

• 05-28-2006 8:42 AM In reply to

• MrShiny
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2006
    • Chicago
    • Game Master
    • Points 11,204
    • VIG

Osarious:

I was going to try a Cthulhu game this year, but alas, they are sold out. Sad [:(]

Chaosium is running a few generics-only rounds this Gen Con.  So show up!  Even sold out rounds will often need replacements for no-shows too. 

RPG00332 Novus Ordo Seclorum Classics Single Round

“No Man's Land” Originally run as two parts of the 1993 Cthulhu Masters Tournament, Sam Johnson's masterpiece of WWI horror will be presented in its Sanity-blasting entirety. Military shirt or jacket requested but not required; gas mask optional. A Novus Ordo Seclorum production. Not a tournament - a one round event. Generics only - no reg.

RPG - Role Playing Game 4 8/10/06 9:00 PM

RPG00716 Batman: A Very, Merry, Hellblazer Christmas “T’was the dusk before X-Mas,
    when all through the night, a creature in Gotham ate all the light. The Batman is absent; our safety must rest...on his six greatest foes? Surely, you jest! Meanwhile, Constantine and Blood (sad sorcerers of sin) are smoking and drinking all madness and gin." –Quothe The Mad Hatter. - A non-tournament Novus Ordo Seclorum production.
    RPG00717 Batman: A Very, Merry, Hellblazer Christmas  “T’was the dusk before X-Mas,
    when all through the night, a creature in Gotham ate all the light. The Batman is absent; our safety must rest...on his six greatest foes? Surely, you jest! Meanwhile, Constantine and Blood (sad sorcerers of sin) are smoking and drinking all madness and gin." –Quothe The Mad Hatter. - A non-tournament Novus Ordo Seclorum production.
    RPG - Role Playing Game 4 8/12/06 12:00 PM
    RPG00718 Batman: A Very, Merry, Hellblazer Christmas “T’was the dusk before X-Mas,
    RPG - Role Playing Game 4 8/13/06 10:00 AM
  • 05-31-2006 6:41 PM In reply to

• Mock26
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2006
    • Chicago
    • Gamer
    • Points 6,513

Anyone get any of those Cthulhu Fhtagn bracelets?

(http://uffish.net/bands/)

• 06-06-2006 10:04 PM In reply to

• NoirNevara
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-11-2006
    • Piqua, Ohio
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 21,570
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Gen Con United Nations)

Cool!  Glad to see people are interested... Where would be a good place in the con center to meet up...??? We can then retire to a local eatery and sacrifice a waitress or two.....
    AKA Caed, Robin

Come visit me at the Peryton Publishing booth this year!
    Genizen
    Gamer Wench
    GenCon UN: Ohio Wasteland Delegate

Zombie Awareness Advocate

Zombie Walk Home Page/
    "I'm .... complicated"
    (Dorian Gray "LXG")

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."Edgar Allan Poe, "Eleonora"

http://http://www.perytonpublishing.com

• 06-07-2006 8:00 AM In reply to

• NoBiscuit
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-07-2006
    • South Elgin, IL
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 509

Mock26:

Anyone get any of those Cthulhu Fhtagn bracelets?

(http://uffish.net/bands/)

What I'd like to find is a non-Euclidean box of Myth*O's!  (They're blasphemously delicious!)

http://www.cthulhulives.org/toybox/MythOsNE.html

Ron (a.k.a. First Rebel)
    Rogue Judges
  • 06-08-2006 7:42 PM In reply to

• Gazpacho
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-15-2006
    • In a maze of twisty passages, all alike
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,480
    • Group (BYOV)

Osarious:
    I was going to try a Cthulhu game this year, but alas, they are sold out. Sad [:(]
    The Cthulu games sell out early every year. I have had the fortune of getting in with generic tickets. Your best bet is to arrive early and tell some good jokes while you wait.
    read my .: blog .: livejournal .: myspace

• 06-10-2006 1:42 PM In reply to

• irishspy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-02-2006
    • Los Angeles, Third door on the left
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,807

MrShiny:

RPG00332 Novus Ordo Seclorum Classics Single Round

“No Man's Land” Originally run as two parts of the 1993 Cthulhu Masters Tournament, Sam Johnson's masterpiece of WWI horror will be presented in its Sanity-blasting entirety. Military shirt or jacket requested but not required; gas mask optional. A Novus Ordo Seclorum production. Not a tournament - a one round event. Generics only - no reg.

That was the very first CoC Masters event I ever played in. Man what an eye-opening great time! Especially when my buddy fumbled his grenade roll and I then fumbled my dodge roll to avoid the grenade that had amazingly landed at my feet.... Surprise

Still, one of my all-time favorite roleplaying experiences. Yes
  • 07-11-2006 5:28 AM In reply to

• Lagkat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2006
    • Cleveland, Oh
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 1,037

NoirNevara:
    Cool!  Glad to see people are interested... Where would be a good place in the con center to meet up...??? We can then retire to a local eatery and sacrifice a waitress or two.....

Well, you know Peryton and I are game.
    One flash of light, but no smoking pistol...

http://www.perytonpublishing.com/index.htm
  • 07-11-2006 5:43 AM In reply to

• MrShiny
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2006
    • Chicago
    • Game Master
    • Points 11,204
    • VIG

Of course is a rally develops, I'd have to be there!  And now with no Chaosium booth, we will need to gather. 

Any suggestions on where to meet up?  Perhaps a late night at the Ram?

• 07-12-2006 6:21 AM In reply to

• Lagkat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2006
    • Cleveland, Oh
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 1,037

MrShiny:

Of course is a rally develops, I'd have to be there!  And now with no Chaosium booth, we will need to gather. 

Any suggestions on where to meet up?  Perhaps a late night at the Ram?

Late night works for me. The Ram struck me as hot and crowded. I didn't mind the crowd so much but the stuffiness was pretty awful. I like my fanaticism served cold or at least AC'ed. There was a place across the street where Caed and her entourage, the wife and I included, had some fun with the wait staff. Where was that Caed?

That being said, I congregate anywhere that everyone else interested.

• 07-12-2006 1:20 PM In reply to

• NoirNevara
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-11-2006
    • Piqua, Ohio
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 21,570
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

mmmm was it like the water works... or something public utility related?  They had an awesome selection of beers and the wait staff seemed top-notch!  I agree though, whatever the group wants I will try!  Why don't we meet in one of the lounges at the con center and start from there?

Robin, Caed, Noir....

One girl... many handles!

AKA Caed, Robin

Genizen
    Gamer Wench

Zombie Walk Home Page/
    "I'm .... complicated"
    (Dorian Gray "LXG")

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."Edgar Allan Poe, "Eleonora"

• 07-12-2006 8:14 PM In reply to

• marimacc
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 03-01-2006
    • DC metro area
    • Gaming Know-it-All
    • Points 101,688
    • ForumsAdministrator

Maybe Alcatraz?
    Gen Con Forums Coordinator
    Gen Con SPA track Coordinator
    Gen Con Costume track Coordinator
    Code of Conduct

• 07-13-2006 5:12 AM In reply to

• Lagkat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2006
    • Cleveland, Oh
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 1,037

"...Why don't we meet in one of the lounges at the con center and start from there?..."

We could. But knowing a place and a time, someone might get a large table or a couple ahead of time.

Then again a mob of Cthulhu-oids rushing pubs might be fun.

• 07-13-2006 5:34 AM In reply to

• MokMike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-11-2006
    • Points 248

Somewhat off topic, I apologize, but I regret never having gone to the Cthulhu rally any of the times I went in Milwaukee. That said, Shiny ran a You too Can Cthulhu event the last year that I went that got me very interested in CoC, and I regret not being able to find a local group. I thought I saw someone from Schaumburg in this thread? Also, is Mythos still in production?
  • 07-13-2006 6:03 AM In reply to

• NoBiscuit
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-07-2006
    • South Elgin, IL
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 509

MokMike:
    Somewhat off topic, I apologize, but I regret never having gone to the Cthulhu rally any of the times I went in Milwaukee. That said, Shiny ran a You too Can Cthulhu event the last year that I went that got me very interested in CoC, and I regret not being able to find a local group. I thought I saw someone from Schaumburg in this thread? Also, is Mythos still in production?

That was probably me.  But as of tomorrow I'll be from South Elgin.  Now hopefully my event tickets won't get lost in the move!

Anyway, Mythos is not in production anymore but you can often find booster boxes in the dealer hall for less than $30/box.  I've personally spent way more than I should on cards and have built 16 decks.  Rogue Judges is running Mythos Thursday and Friday at 9pm if you want to stop by - Event TCG00054 & Event TCG00055.  I'll be running the Friday event.

As for CoC, I'm going to be playing in the You Too Can Cthulhu event this year for the first time.  I've been a Lovecraft fan for years (which started by playing Mythos) but never played CoC.  I'm really looking forward to playing.  I'd be interested in playing if we can find more players in the area.

Ron (a.k.a. First Rebel)
    Rogue Judges
  • 07-13-2006 9:22 PM In reply to

• Crowbar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-16-2006
    • Lurker
    • Points 23

Is there going to be a football game during this years Gen Con?  If there is then the Cthulhu Rally should be held that night just when the game lets out on the streets in front of the stadium.  Hundreds of Cthulhu cultists clashing with the many thousands of football fans all wearing Peyton Manning shirts.  The chaos and bloodshed that would ensue might just be enough to raise the great Cthulhu from Ryleh himself!

• 07-13-2006 9:47 PM In reply to

• irishspy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-02-2006
    • Los Angeles, Third door on the left
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,807

The Colts play out of town this year during GenCon. Yes
  • 07-14-2006 12:52 AM In reply to

• Lagkat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2006
    • Cleveland, Oh
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 1,037

Crowbar:

...Hundreds of Cthulhu cultists clashing with the many thousands of football fans all wearing Peyton Manning shirts.  The chaos and bloodshed that would ensue might just be enough to raise the great Cthulhu from Ryleh himself!

I'm not buying a football jersey to hang with other cultist. My hand-woven burlap robes that smell of corruption were resource consuming enough.

• 07-16-2006 1:44 AM In reply to

Howdy:

My name's Bill, and I've been running Call of Cthulhu games at GenCon since 2000.

I'm just posting to chime in with my interest in having a Call of Cthulhu "mini/unofficial/random/whatever" rally this year.  I have been unable to attend a rally for several years now due to schedule conflicts, and have missed them terribly.

So, if something does get scheduled, I would be very interested in attending.

Oh, nice to meet all of you, at least here online.Smile

Bill Nichols

-Bill Nichols
    "Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it." -Abraham Lincoln
  • 07-17-2006 10:07 PM In reply to

• NoirNevara
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-11-2006
    • Piqua, Ohio
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 21,570
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

Well we are less than a month away..... lets try and nail this be-otch down in stone.  I think we need to take over one of the lounges... that way in case we get a large tunout we won't pick a place that will cramp us.   Those who know the Con Center better than I can you suggest  a place???  Perhaps the food court?
    AKA Caed, Robin

Genizen
    Gamer Wench

Zombie Walk Home Page/
    "I'm .... complicated"
    (Dorian Gray "LXG")

Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >