Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Only Old World Of Darkness LARP

Last post 08-04-2009 5:39 AM by jomarinomail. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2009 5:37 AM

Only Old World Of Darkness LARP

Dark Rememberance is running the only World of Darkness LARP set in the Old World of Darkness. Continuing the story arc from last years game set in Las Vegas, this year we move to Los Angeles. New Players welcome, knowledge of last years game not needed.

KaldanThrom
    "You always have a choice, you just may not like the consequences."
  • 07-09-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

• Meadow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-25-2008
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 700

Re: Only Old World Of Darkness LARP

So whos running the game?
  • 07-09-2009 3:29 PM In reply to

Meadow:

Darkness Demembered is running the LARP, many people in it were also in Dark Duality who used to run the old world of darness larp but stopped two years ago. This is the second year we (Darkness Remembered) have run the LARP at GenCon but almost all the ST's have had alot of previous experience with LARPs and their genre's.

Mose details to your question would be that we have a staff of 12+ people. This includes myself (in charge of Vampire) and Aaron Ledger who is our overall head ST.

KaldanThrom
  • 07-09-2009 4:24 PM In reply to

• Derek Guder
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-02-2006
    • Seattle, WA
    • Gaming Encyclopedia
    • Points 87,035
    • ForumsAdministrator
      Gen Con LLC Staff

Just FYI: don't forget that you should be able to directly link to events and searches (as long as the user is logged into their registration system account).

For example, Darkness Rememebered events.

Derek Guder - Event Programming Manager
    derek.guder@gencon.com | 857.559.2420

Have questions about event submission? Gimme a call, send me an email or stop by the GM forum

Please do not send me a forum PM - feel free to email or call me directly.
  • 07-13-2009 6:14 PM In reply to

• Meadow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-25-2008
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 700

KaldanThrom:

Meadow:

Darkness Demembered is running the LARP, many people in it were also in Dark Duality who used to run the old world of darness larp but stopped two years ago. This is the second year we (Darkness Remembered) have run the LARP at GenCon but almost all the ST's have had alot of previous experience with LARPs and their genre's.

Mose details to your question would be that we have a staff of 12+ people. This includes myself (in charge of Vampire) and Aaron Ledger who is our overall head ST.

sounds like you have things together. are new comers welcome? and how long r ur typical games? 4 hours or so?
  • 07-14-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

The game runs each of the three nights, you play on, two or all three nights.  

I played last year (and a few years when it was Dark Duality).  I ended up queen of the Fairies.   I won't be back this year though.  Scheduling conflict

Trust me, I've been gaming forever.
    23 Gencon's and counting
    Gencon does not run itself, it takes thousands of volunteers, consider being one
    Plaid Chameleon Games
  • 07-21-2009 12:41 PM In reply to

Only Old World Of Darkness LARP at GenCon

Absolutely, new comers are always welcome. In fact, the last two years, new players have been some of our best players. We will be
    having Vampire, Werewolf,Changeling(usually our largest group), and Mage (usually our largest group). You may get dressed in to your favorite character, vampire, scruffy human that is really a werewolf, a wizard or a maybe a happy go lucky child of the Fae."When you wish upon a star..." is the title of our event this year, and is set in modern day Los Angeles.

Seminar
    This is an introduction seminar on the rules and manners of White Wolf's classic World of Darkness LARP. As new LARP systems have come out we understand people are rusty or do not know the old system and we wish to help you learn it in preparation for "When you wish upon a star" This seminar is designed for beginners but could also serve as a refresher for the more experienced players.

The blurb in the catalog about our game. LRP events listed below.
    All have heard the song "When you wish upon a star", but what if the arrival of a red star coincides with the return of an old foe? This event continues last year'sclassic World of Darkness game "The Last Stand". Players represent Kindred stuck in an endless revolution, Garou looking for a means to defeat the star, Mages vying for 3 sources of quintessence, or Fae struggling to protect their history. Will you still wish upon stars at the end?
    Seminar event Begins at 6:00PM and last for one hour prior to game on all nights.

Start Time  Duration    Cost  
    08/13/2009   07:00 PM     6hrs      $10.00  
    08/14/2009   07:00 PM     6hrs      $10.00 
    08/15/2009   07:00 PM     6hrs      $10.00
    Location: Crowne Plaza              Illinois Street Ballroom East

The event codes that Derek Guder provided are 
    SEM0900408                        LRP0900404
    SEM0900409                        LRP0900405
    SEM0900410                        LRP0900406

Official Forums of Darkness Remembered
    Official Facebook Page of Darkness Remembered
    Email us Here.
  • 07-23-2009 10:13 AM In reply to

• MadCity
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 03-02-2006
    • IN HELL AND LOVING IT
    • Game Master
    • Points 11,742
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)
      Group (Mavens)

Re: Only Old World Of Darkness LARP at GenCon

Dudes I played the Ravnos last year - Had a great time this year can only play on Thursday due to little money and also soon to be unemployed. 

But want to help move plot line along and help those that feel they are being left out or on a red herring chase. 

Don - you have me facebooked Charlotte

Want to play same character

Madcity - Duct Tape Diva
  • 07-29-2009 9:58 PM In reply to

• Meadow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-25-2008
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 700

ok, so as someone unfamiliar to this...what is the best way to understand the story, if that makes any sense
  • 07-30-2009 10:14 AM In reply to

• MadCity
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 03-02-2006
    • IN HELL AND LOVING IT
    • Game Master
    • Points 11,742
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)
      Group (Mavens)

You play a supernatural being and let things unfold the story line they give is an over line to what the players like to concock to the character they coose to play and what there take it on the story or information droped on them.

I have played this Larp for since the second year Gencon has been year so its a ton of fun.

Madcity - Duct Tape Diva
  • 07-30-2009 3:47 PM In reply to

It runs from 7pm til 1am on Thurs/Fri/Sat at the Crown Plaza.

Newcomers are not only welcomed but encouraged. We also have a companion event at 6pm at the same place. If you show up at 6pm we are running a seminar on how the game works etc for people who are not familiar with the rules.

KaldanThrom
  • 07-30-2009 3:50 PM In reply to

Whe world of Darkness consists of a dark/gothic kind of view of the world with supernatural creatures thrown in. Their are Vampires, Werewolves, Changlings(faerie folk), and Mages. This LARP has storytellers for all the genres and will have plots that interact with the other groups as well as plots that are specifically geared towards a certain type of creature. The storytellers tell you what is going on in the city and as players you simply have to decide what your character would so about the situation.

KaldanThrom
  • 08-03-2009 9:16 AM In reply to

• NoirNevara
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-11-2006
    • Piqua, Ohio
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 20,703
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Gen Con United Nations)

I wish I had the time to do this event this year. Hopefully you will be there in 2010.  I am hoping to do a few LARPs next year. BTW,  Do you have a web site ??

AKA Caed, Robin

Come visit me at the Peryton Publishing booth this year!
    Genizen
    Gamer Wench
    GenCon UN: Ohio Wasteland Delegate

Zombie Awareness Advocate

Zombie Walk Home Page/
    "I'm .... complicated"
    (Dorian Gray "LXG")

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."Edgar Allan Poe, "Eleonora"

http://http://www.perytonpublishing.com/perytonrpg.htm/

• 08-03-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

• danno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2009
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 295
    • VIG

KaldanThrom:

Darkness Demembered is running the LARP, many people in it were also in Dark Duality who used to run the old world of darness larp but stopped two years ago.

Many people "in" it (as players) were in Dark Duality? Or, many people "from" Dark Duality are "running" the LARP? I played DD for years and know the core DD team. Is there anyone still involved that I might know?

How was attendance last year? I might be interested with the right numbers.

• 08-04-2009 5:39 AM In reply to

• jomarinomail
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • Jersey Shore
    • Gamer Apprentice
    • Points 3,874
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

Hey I just wanted to give some good reviews for this LARP.

I walked onto it... or rather... into it as it was spilling out into hallways, and was recruited as a werewolf (with NO NONE ANY prior knowledge of the system or setting) and it was an ABSOLUTE blast. I hadn't signed up for it but the next day I turned in my tickets for anything else I had planned for the timeslots on the next nights and attended the LARP. 

The people who run it are AMAZING, very welcoming and very funny. And it seemed to me (though we were spread throughout a hallway and a ballroom) that there were quite a few people attending. I would say at least 20 people for each of the groups (vampire had the most) so at least 60 people. 

So much fun, I can't recommend this LARP enough. GO TO IT! 

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)