Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Hickman's Events Preview

Last post 04-16-2012 8:03 PM by KatTsunade. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2012 8:54 PM

• trhickman
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-12-2011
    • South Jordan, Utah
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 561

Hickman's Events Preview

Laura and I have submitted our events for this year and are pretty excited for the proposed lineup -- some traditional and some exciting and new.

HICKMAN'S KILLER SECOND BREAKFAST

Ever wish you could go back and try that Killer Breakfast again? Take a time machine back with the rampaging game-master, 300 first-level characters facing certain death …. and show-stopping musical numbers! Tracy Hickman and the usual crew offer an encore presentation of a vintage ‘Killer Breakfast Past’ in their classic, wacky, no-holds-barred role playing game. Double your fun with their ALL NEW Killer Breakfast which follows on Saturday! Visit our website to learn what this year’s encore theme will be!

HICKMAN'S BATMAN EXPERIENCE: WAYNE OF GOTHAM (NEW)

When the Batman begins to investigate the events surrounding his parents’ murder, he will also uncover the darkest secrets of his family’s past. No fan of the Dark Knight will want to miss this one-of-a-kind window into Gotham’s dark protector in this fast-paced thriller from New York Times bestselling fantasy writer Tracy Hickman. Join him and a surprise cast for a dramatic presentation from his book and explore his journey through the rich background of the Dark Knight. Ticket Holders for this event will be seated first — so please register. Visit our Facebook page for updates about this book coming this May 8th.

HICKMAN'S KILLER BREAKFAST 2012

A rampaging gamemaster, 300 first-level characters facing certain death …. and show-stopping musical numbers! Tracy Hickman and the usual crew take on all comers in their classic, wacky, no-holds-barred role playing game for three hundred plus players. Play onstage or join in the audience participation. A hilarious Gen Con tradition! ALL NEW FOR 2012 — or consider our Hickman’s Killer Second Breakfast encore game on Friday morning.

HICKMAN'S XDM: XTREME DUNGEON MASTERY

Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance author and game designer) and Howard Tayler (Schlock Mercenary) presents radical player techniques which may threaten gaming itself! Learn both player and game master techniques designed to put both fun and adventure back into your game (and drive bad DMs and players wild) in this riotous seminar based on their secret book. An all new, revised presentation this year … including a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. Ticket holders will be seated first … with all others to fend for themselves.

HICKMAN'S PICK-A-PATH MUSICAL (NEW)

ALL NEW EVENT: Join Tracy, Laura and their daughter Tasha for a fularious – that’s fun and hilarious, you heard me! – hour of improve story and song. Change the course of the tale, join the performance on stage or enjoy the show from the audience. Will Johnny Newbie rescue the Convention? Will Lena Larp vanquish the costume judges? Does it all end when the fat dragon sings? You decide in this ALL NEW interactive musical storytelling! SEATING LIMITED — REGISTER EARLY.

AND WE WILL BE MAKING A SPECIAL GAME ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE CONVENTION THIS YEAR.

Always glad to answer your questions as we prepare for the greatest event ever and we hope you'll also join us on Facebook and Twitter. We can't wait to see you in Indy!

• 02-01-2012 5:52 AM In reply to

• kmorris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-05-2008
    • South Bend In
    • Attendee
    • Points 1,712

Re: Hickman's Events Preview

Pick-A-Path Musical? That sounds like a lot of fun!

• 02-05-2012 7:55 PM In reply to

kmorris:

Pick-A-Path Musical? That sounds like a lot of fun!

Agreed. Sounds like an even MORE interactive version of Killer Breakfast. My curiosity is certainly piqued!
    "I am the Hero of Time. No matter when, no matter where, for the sake of Hyrule and for you, Princess Zelda, I shall fight."
  • 02-07-2012 7:54 AM In reply to

• ladyimmortal
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 06-02-2006
    • A State of Insanity, very near a town near you...
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 25,709
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Gen Con United Nations)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)
      Group (Nascrag)

Daaang there's three of these I'm interested in! Pick-A-Path, the Gotham one and Killer Second Breakfast :D

LadyImmortal

" I'm sorry Daisy but I'm a loner... and a loner's gotta be alone!!"
  • 02-19-2012 3:29 PM In reply to

• mordrin
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • Chicagoish
    • Gamer Apprentice
    • Points 5,266
    • Dead Games Society

trhickman:

HICKMAN'S KILLER SECOND BREAKFAST

Ever wish you could go back and try that Killer Breakfast again? Take a time machine back with the rampaging game-master, 300 first-level characters facing certain death …. and show-stopping musical numbers! Tracy Hickman and the usual crew offer an encore presentation of a vintage ‘Killer Breakfast Past’ in their classic, wacky, no-holds-barred role playing game. Double your fun with their ALL NEW Killer Breakfast which follows on Saturday! Visit our website to learn what this year’s encore theme will be!

Tracy - I'm uncertain about the concept here.  Is this a video presentation of a full previous KB?  Spliced video highlights?  A regular live performance like always, just with the theme recycled from a previous year?

I know nobody likes an I Told You So, but...I told you so.

http://community.gencon.com/forums/p/29972/333921.aspx#333921

When will people learn to reject this reflexive, fundamental belief that "growth is inherently good"?
  • 02-19-2012 5:49 PM In reply to

• TheBundy
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2006
    • The middle of an Indiana Cornfield!
    • Gamer
    • Points 10,085
    • Dead Games Society
      Tester

No, it isn't a video production. It is just another Killer Breakfast that uses a theme from one of the many previous Killer Breakfasts from the past. Tracy and Laura have heard from fans who missed the Breakfast and responded by running 2 Killer Breakfasts, one on Friday, one on Saturday.

Last year was the first time we ran 2 KBs. The Friday KB, the Second Breakfast, is the "replay". It is a chance to replay a scenario you may have not survived the first time. It's the mulligan. The Killer Breakfast that was replayed last year was 2007's THE PHANTOM OF THE RAVENLOFT.

Saturday's Killer Breakfast will be the new scenario.

If you can't make Saturday's breakfast, come to the Second Breakfast on Friday. Who knows what scenario he'll pick this year. We have THE LORD OF THE PISTON RINGS, BRING ME THE HEAD OF WESLEY CRUSHER, THE HORDE OF THE RINGS, X SIDE STORY, and many, many others to choose from.

For best results: KEEP THEBUNDY OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT!
  • 02-20-2012 7:09 AM In reply to

• galvatron42
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-06-2010
    • North Carolina
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,004

I've heard so much about the Killer Breakfast but I've never signed up. I'm thinking about trying to get a ticket for it this year. Can anyone explain exactly what it is to me and how it works? Thanks for the help.
  • 02-20-2012 8:07 AM In reply to

• trhickman
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-12-2011
    • South Jordan, Utah
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 561

galvatron42:
    I've heard so much about the Killer Breakfast but I've never signed up. I'm thinking about trying to get a ticket for it this year. Can anyone explain exactly what it is to me and how it works? Thanks for the help.

Perhaps the best way to explain Killer Breakfast is to show you one.  You should especially watch the traditional 'Safety Presentation' that begins each Killer Breakfast below:

You'll die laughing!

• 02-20-2012 11:51 PM In reply to

• galvatron42
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-06-2010
    • North Carolina
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,004

Looks like a lot of fun. Is this one of those events that fill up in seconds and I have no real hope of getting in to, or are there usually enough seats to go around?
  • 02-21-2012 6:01 AM In reply to

• nmhall
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-11-2011
    • South Florida
    • Gamer Apprentice
    • Points 4,953
    • Group (Gen Con United Nations)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)

Last year, I was still able to get a ticket to a "replay" in June... I'm sure the newer one will go faster though.

~Nathan

Never half ass two things, whole ass one thing.
    -Ron Swanson

@nmhall

• 02-22-2012 9:25 AM In reply to

• trhickman
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-12-2011
    • South Jordan, Utah
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 561

nmhall:

Last year, I was still able to get a ticket to a "replay" in June... I'm sure the newer one will go faster though.

And you should note that we have lowered the size of the audience considerably from last year.

• 03-02-2012 1:30 AM In reply to

• Warlock KI
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-28-2007
    • Kokomo
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,690
    • Group (Gen Con United Nations)

Looks like we are going to be very busy this year Tracy.

When you have the details let us know. We will have the crew at your disposal.

Ambassador for Kokomo, Indiana Gen Con United Nations - "Bringing together all nations in the ongoing fight against imaginary antagonists."
    Proud Member of the Usual Crew & the Kokomo Irregulars

• 04-16-2012 7:55 PM In reply to

• kysp
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 08-01-2011
    • Detroit
    • Swag Grabber
    • Points 506
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

I like Killer Breakfast and I haven't missed one yet. Last year though, there was way too much singing. Laura's singing (no offense) is a little screechy, or maybe the mics were too loud. Just wanted to throw that out there. Sorry to gripe. Everybody should see a Killer Breakfast at least once in their GC experience.
    Sometimes I have believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. ~Lewis Carroll
  • 04-16-2012 8:03 PM In reply to

• KatTsunade
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-27-2008
    • Lafayette, Indiana
    • Game Master
    • Points 10,287
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Gen Con United Nations)

Guess who's happy butt is going to try for ALL these events? (except maybe batman's event... Sorry Brucey!) MY HAPPY BUTT! I saw this and grinned like I was on some drugs or something.
    Throw in some wit and sarcasm here and ramblings of kitties.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)