Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What do you consider the best LARP at Gencon?

Last post 05-03-2012 8:32 AM by Jenn the Wench. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2012 10:01 AM In reply to

• jomarinomail
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • Jersey Shore
    • Gamer Apprentice
    • Points 3,878
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

Re: What do you consider the best LARP at Gencon?

Vazza:

I hope this has answered some of your questions about what RISING will be like at Gen Con this year. I also hope I have piqued somes interest in our RISING: THE ARCADE. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions, or email me at theozarksrising@gmail.com

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt, thanks for the response to our concerns!

I probably do know you despite not recognizing your name. :D The Arcade sounds fun, I'll give it a go! I'm sure I'll be attempting to attend each one of your different events at least once! I hope there are enough slots to go around!

Joanna

• 05-01-2012 2:31 PM In reply to

• Vazza
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-06-2007
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,284
    • VIG

Wouldn't hurt to be quick with the mouse clicking when Event Registration starts....at least from past experiences, the RISING events send to fill up quick. Though I think some people will be lost when they don't see it being run by Zombie Buddy Productions. I've tried to tell people about it in about as many ways as I can think of. (forums, certain facebook pages) At least if they look it up by "RISING" our name is apart of the company name.

I run a RISING chapter in South Western Missouri! Check us out at www.ozarksrising.com or look us up on facebook by searching for Ozarks Rising.

I am the Raging Goblin that runs through your dreams!

I'm not Jesus Christ but I can turn water into....Kool-Aid!

follow me @f0zzyguy on www.twitter.com I'll try not to bore you I promise.

Xbox 360 gamertag: TheRaginGoblin add me if you want.
  • 05-03-2012 8:32 AM In reply to

I've LARPed for over 20 years now at Gencon (OMG does that statement make me feel old.) 

Number 1 on my list has been the 7th Sea Game run by Plaid Chamleon Gaming (aka Dana's 7th Sea game)  I am officially biased on this one though, I'm helping write it this year.

The Elder Entertainment games ROCK! I did 3 of them last year and can't wait to see what they pull off this year.

I've loved the BYOV games I've been in over the years, especially the year I got to carry a magic wand made of cheese.

Millenium Interactive Gaming has run a wide variety of great LARPs over the years.

As a former TD director I can say TD is not a Larp although it is something worth experiencing at least once.

Trust me, I've been gaming forever.
    23 Gencon's and counting
    Gencon does not run itself, it takes thousands of volunteers, consider being one
    Plaid Chameleon Games
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2