Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Costume parade...

Last post 07-30-2013 10:18 AM by gbg. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2013 7:45 AM

Costume parade...

So, I love watching the costume parade. I was excited to take my 1.5 year old last year so she could see it. Unfortunately, we like many others went where the parade normally goes and the parade didn't go there, and there was no indication where the parade would be going. Are there any plans to correct that this year? With no way to find out where the parade will be going there's not point to just guess and try and go watch somewhere, even in a main hallway where it has always gone in the past. Maybe signs and/or indicators showing where hte parade will be?
    Something Witty and Clever
  • 07-10-2013 9:29 AM In reply to

• Wendel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2006
    • Vermont Gamer
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,952

Re: Costume parade...

Great question!

Hopefully they will post it in the convention book.

New Moon Festival will rise again!
  • 07-10-2013 9:53 AM In reply to

• marimacc
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-28-2006
    • DC metro area
    • Gaming Know-it-All
    • Points 101,114
    • ForumsAdministrator

To be honest with you guys, this is the one Gen Con question I get asked a lot that I can't really answer, because as best I can tell, the organizers of the costume parade do not set up the route until they get onsite, and with the new convention center area recently opened, yeah, it's probably going to change arund til they get a route they really like.

I STRONGLY encourage you to go to the costume contest registration area onsite, ask them for the route, and tell them you'd really like it if they could publicize this in advance.

Gen Con Forums Coordinator
    Gen Con SPA track Coordinator
    Gen Con Costume track Coordinator
    Code of Conduct

• 07-10-2013 10:19 AM In reply to

marimacc:
    I STRONGLY encourage you to go to the costume contest registration area onsite, ask them for the route, and tell them you'd really like it if they could publicize this in advance.

With the understanding that you are not them, and I am just asking your opinon as someone who is more in the know than me... do you think this is something I could ask them on a day prior to Saturday? Or is it really only something that could be answered last minute?

Thanks

Something Witty and Clever
  • 07-10-2013 10:52 AM In reply to

• marimacc
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-28-2006
    • DC metro area
    • Gaming Know-it-All
    • Points 101,114
    • ForumsAdministrator

Harin T'eb:
    marimacc:

With the understanding that you are not them, and I am just asking your opinon as someone who is more in the know than me... do you think this is something I could ask them on a day prior to Saturday? Or is it really only something that could be answered last minute?

Thanks

I really don't know. I'd go as soon as you can when their onsite costume sign up starts and ask.
    Gen Con Forums Coordinator
    Gen Con SPA track Coordinator
    Gen Con Costume track Coordinator
    Code of Conduct

• 07-19-2013 7:37 AM In reply to

• gbg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2013
    • Lurker
    • Points 24

I watched the parade last year but this year I want to march in it. Does anyone know what time it is? I feel like it was 1pm, Saturday last year. If so, what time is line up? Thanks!
  • 07-19-2013 7:59 AM In reply to

• Kyaria
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Indiana
    • Gamer
    • Points 6,990
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)
      Group (Nascrag)

Line up is at 2:55 pm I believe. I'll double check unless Mari knows off hand if I am correct. I have it in my excel schedule at that time.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    -The Panda Wench-
    -Tavern Wench Kyaria-
    -Future Doctor Companion-
  • 07-21-2013 9:46 AM In reply to

• Laertes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-27-2006
    • Gamer Apprentice
    • Points 3,520

It would also be nice to have a parade that didn't suddenly stop at a dead end and have all of us just milling about not knowing what was happening.
  • 07-30-2013 10:18 AM In reply to

• gbg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2013
    • Lurker
    • Points 24

Kyaria thanks. I couldn't remember what time it is. Did you confirm line up was at 2:55pm?
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)