Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Mass Die Roll for Gary Gygax

Last post 06-27-2008 3:30 PM by KatsObsession. 48 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2008 12:54 PM In reply to

• Brewski
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-02-2007
    • Vincennes
    • Gamer
    • Points 9,042
    • Dead Games Society
      Tester

Re: Mass Die Roll for Gary Gygax

Yes I'm doing some topic necromancy but it needs to be done since this topic has become the the lost topic on page 5.

As of 3:45pm June 6th there is still no Official event. I'm gonna drop a line at Wizard and see if they are going to honor him in some way. If nothing is in the works by July I will call out to everyone in these boards so we can take it upon ourselves to do something.

I know marimacc you said that Gen Con is orginizing something. I and I'm sure others would like to at least hear what is being put into motion. Time is running short and with this post getting shuffled to the very back to the last post on page 5 is a little disturbing.

Favorite words from the Con:
    "Many people ask me what my ring is made of and I tell them what real gamers use...Palladium." ~Josh~T.O.V.A. auctioneer
  • 06-06-2008 7:42 PM In reply to

Brewski:

Yes I'm doing some topic necromancy but it needs to be done since this topic has become the the lost topic on page 5.

As of 3:45pm June 6th there is still no Official event. I'm gonna drop a line at Wizard and see if they are going to honor him in some way. If nothing is in the works by July I will call out to everyone in these boards so we can take it upon ourselves to do something.

I know marimacc you said that Gen Con is orginizing something. I and I'm sure others would like to at least hear what is being put into motion. Time is running short and with this post getting shuffled to the very back to the last post on page 5 is a little disturbing.

In the new 4.0 books they do a dedication to him. Gencon will do something, its just a matter of when we will hear about it. We still have a little over 2 months so just keep watching the boards.Big Smile 

Ambassador of Baltimore GenCon United Nations - "Bringing together all nations in the ongoing fight against imaginary antagonists."

http://www.gamersforhumanity.org/

• 06-13-2008 4:03 PM In reply to

Mystykal:

but I will find some dice darnit for this   LOL

Yeah, being Gen Con--that might be difficult...ROFL lol. j/k

Seriously though--this topic deserves a big ole' bump, we need to make sure that something happens that comes right from us--with the spirit WE as gamers put into it.  The Mass Dice Roll should happen regardless of what Gen Con "officially" does or doesn't put together--becuase it comes from US.  d20

• 06-26-2008 8:52 AM In reply to

Just wondering if there was anything else on this?  Hubby and I were talking about this yesterday, and it could be extended to include any gamers that we have lost in the past year.  Then, all the dice could be gathered up and donated to Tom's project--the game donation deal, in honor of Gary Gygax!! Yes 

**Obviously, it would be nice if folks used a new die, and we did on a carpeted floorarea--so as not to chip up the dice or anything.

• 06-26-2008 9:39 AM In reply to

• Mystykal
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • TY to all those that help put on GenCon
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 19,864
    • Dead Games Society
      Group (Gen Con United Nations)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)

I think all the dice should be scooped up and broken into lotts and put in the charity auction. I think it would generate a bit of interest.

Father, husband, gamer, not always in that order LOL
  • 06-26-2008 10:55 AM In reply to

• opus
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-02-2006
    • Sebastian, FL
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,706

I just found this on the Gencon main Page:

http://www.gencon.com/2008/indy/events/gygaxrem.aspx

When its inevitable, relax and enjoy it!
    Make sure to Mental Floss often!

Life is to short to worry about the minor stuff. Tell your Kids you love them, Often!
  • 06-26-2008 12:04 PM In reply to

• Jirel_
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 03-02-2006
    • Pinellas Park, Florida
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 14,136
    • Group (BYOV)
      Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)

<I>All proceeds from Gary Gygax memorial events and Gen Con Indy’s charity events for 2008 will go to benefit Gen Con’s chosen charity for 2008. </I>

So does that mean that everything except the moment of silence will be charged?  Or that once everyone had donated items to the memorial book it will be sold off?  And Gen Con's track record with charities isn't that good right now.

Cindy Sue says - Reintarnation is coming back to life as a hillbilly.

My LJ

• 06-27-2008 4:53 AM In reply to

• Brewski
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-02-2007
    • Vincennes
    • Gamer
    • Points 9,042
    • Dead Games Society
      Tester

It has been stated that a Mass Die Roll is too much for Gen Con to handle, so it will be up to us if this is to be carried out. Even tho I asked for it, I truely do not feel qualified to conduct it.

Would Fat Dragon Games like to step up and take this? Possibly get some custome dice made to sale and then host the roll in the RPGA area. Say Saturday Noon.

I wouldnt have the funding nor the personal contact to do the Big G justice.

Favorite words from the Con:
    "Many people ask me what my ring is made of and I tell them what real gamers use...Palladium." ~Josh~T.O.V.A. auctioneer
  • 06-27-2008 3:30 PM In reply to

Jirel_:

<I>All proceeds from Gary Gygax memorial events and Gen Con Indy’s charity events for 2008 will go to benefit Gen Con’s chosen charity for 2008. </I>

So does that mean that everything except the moment of silence will be charged?  Or that once everyone had donated items to the memorial book it will be sold off?  And Gen Con's track record with charities isn't that good right now.

The tower was a 2$ event, I am unsure of the other's but I got my ticket late late last night and there were only 4 left. 

Ambassador of Baltimore GenCon United Nations - "Bringing together all nations in the ongoing fight against imaginary antagonists."

http://www.gamersforhumanity.org/

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3