Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Nascrag - Now is the time!

Last post 06-27-2008 9:41 AM by NascragMan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2008 7:21 AM

• NascragMan
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-01-2006
    • We LOVE generic tickets!
    • Oracle of Gaming
    • Points 27,081
    • Group (Nascrag)

Nascrag - Now is the time!

If you've knocked around these boards at all, you've probably run into some mention of Nascrag.  Heck, we've even got our own subsection on the forums.  But, if you don't know who we are, you aren't particularly likely to go check it out.

Nascrag is a gaming group that has put on a 3 round D&D Roleplaying tournament at GenCon since 1980.  The tournament focuses more on the roleplaying and puzzle solving (and humor) aspects of D&D instead of the combat strategy aspects.  Here's a link to find out more.

http://community.gencon.com/forums/t/14367.aspx

OK, but why is now the time to play Nascrag?  Because our adventure series tend to run in 3 year cycles nowadays, and we're starting a new one this year.  If you've been worried that you can't compete against established teams, this is your chance.  Everyone starts out on the same footing this year.  You know as much as the teams that have been competing for decades!

"But I've already set my schedule and I really don't have any free time Saturday to play in the second and third rounds!"

The Nascrag tournament is a competition and the best teams will advance to compete for honor, glory, and prizes, but it's also a dang good time, just as a 1 round stand-alone.  If you can't make it Saturday, there will be no lack of eager alternates to take your spot.

You've got 4 more days until the end of pre-reg, so if you've ever considered Nascrag or you just want to find out what all the fuss is about, click on one of the links below and get yourself a ticket!

RPG00388 Thursday,
    August 14, 2008
    5:00 pm. - 9:00 pm. OMNI
    - Jenning's Ballroom.
    RPG00389 Thursday,
    August 14, 2008
    9:00 pm. - 1:00 am. OMNI
    - Jenning's Ballroom.
    RPG00390 Friday,
    August 15, 2008
    1:00 pm. - 5:00 pm. OMNI
    - Jenning's Ballroom.
    RPG00391 Friday,
    August 15, 2008
    9:00 pm. - 1:00 am. OMNI
    - Jenning's Ballroom.

• 06-24-2008 9:42 PM In reply to

• ninjabarista
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Chi-town, IL
    • Attendee
    • Points 2,031

Re: Nascrag - Now is the time!

Oh, man.  I really wish I could sign up now, but none of the game times work for me. Sad Next year...

"Pwning D&D since '95"
  • 06-27-2008 9:41 AM In reply to

• NascragMan
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-01-2006
    • We LOVE generic tickets!
    • Oracle of Gaming
    • Points 27,081
    • Group (Nascrag)

Re: Nascrag - Now is the time!

Pre-Reg ends today.  Get your Nascrag tickets while they're hot!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)