Gen Con Community

Welcome to Gen Con Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Welcome to The Gamer Wenches!

Last post 05-23-2012 8:45 PM by kal. 206 replies.
Page 2 of 11 (207 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2012 3:38 PM In reply to

• Minami
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-21-2011
    • Rhode Island
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,524
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Gen Con United Nations)
      Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)
      Tester

Re: Welcome to The Gamer Wenches!

NDGeekboy:
    Oh, and, Nelly, just a heads up, but you won't be eligible for your own Gamer Wench Minion(TM) until after you've filled out all of the requisite paperwork (in triplicate, of course), it's been approved and stamped by all the requisite peoples, from LordKnyght all the way up to Barack himself, and completed your first Gen Con. (Minion Union rules.)

Now Geeky, don't you worry your pretty little head about her paperwork. Now get back to work serving Generichick before I have to have Lady Immortal get her whips out...again. 

Nelly:
    Oh boy! More paper work... Yay  Tongue Tied I did have a look at the "Something Wicked This Way Cons" thread before and was intimidated by the sheer size of it. I think I am afraid to dive right it, also having to ready 90 odd pages of posts is a big feat.

Nelly, your Minion paperwork is being processed already just waiting for your icon. The only thing is it will be a temporary minion until you submit, the required by LordKnyght, two dozen chocolate chip cookies at GenCon (buying him a drink instead might work Wink ). If you do complete the finalizing of your paperwork then your assigned minion will become permanent.

BladeRunner-Press/Gene:
    don't worry about the size of it...

That's what she said...(sorry, it was there Stick out tongue )

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde
    "“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin (and Hobbes)

Her Royal Highness Collector of Minions and Cabin Boys (among the Gamer Wenches...and The World...muhaha!!)

Gamer Wench First Mate aka why did I want a leadership role? ;)
  • 03-07-2012 4:09 PM In reply to

• Nelly
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-29-2012
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,662
    • Dead Games Society
      Group (Gamer Wenches)

ha ha ha you guys are Lege-bags ('Irish' for awesome, the 'lege'part is short for legend ). Half the time I dont follow the conversation at all. However I have no probelms supplying Cookies or Alcohol to bribe my way into the system. ;)

So... when will someone explain exactly what is meant by minion? I understand them in terms of what the are and also from DnD. I also saw the thread titled minion in one of the threads... 

Also will the Wenches be making a Tshirt? 

Gamer Wench twitter handle @Gamer_wenches
  • 03-07-2012 4:17 PM In reply to

• Eric
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-24-2011
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,225
    • Group (Gen Con United Nations)

Nelly:

So... when will someone explain exactly what is meant by minion? I understand them in terms of what the are and also from DnD. I also saw the thread titled minion in one of the threads... 

Only people of the female persuasion are allowed to join the Wenches.

Any men who wish to be involved (and who wouldn't Stick out tongue) must be minions. So they are forced to serve the Wenches bring them drinks, fan them, etc.

GCUN - Ambassador for Sydney, Australia

KFG - Heated Rabbit

It takes 32 muscles to frown, but only 4 to slap the person that annoyed you.
  • 03-07-2012 4:21 PM In reply to

• GaGo-Gene
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-03-2006
    • Indiana
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 19,151
    • Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)
      Tester

Eric:

Nelly:

Any men who wish to be involved (and who wouldn't Stick out tongue) must be minions. So they are forced to serve the Wenches bring them drinks, fan them, etc.

Some of us are made to serve even after  death takes us!

• 03-07-2012 4:23 PM In reply to

• Nelly
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-29-2012
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,662
    • Dead Games Society
      Group (Gamer Wenches)

Eric:

Nelly:

Oh cool, sounds like I hit the jackpot if I get accepted :) 

• 03-08-2012 3:25 AM In reply to

• NDGeekboy
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2006
    • The Black Hole of North America
    • Gaming Encyclopedia
    • Points 43,626
    • Tester

Nelly:

Cool, I would love to play in the next forum game. What section is itmost likely to be in so I dont miss it? 

Chances are it'll be in the General forum of the Other Cool Topics section.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.
    - Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

You see, you just can't trust anyone. The first time I let a girl into my life and she tried to eat me.
    - Columbus, Zombieland

I guess that's what my horoscope meant when it said, "Ka-Boom."
    - Al Bundy, Married: With Children

The fundamental cause of trouble in this world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
    - Bertrand Russell
  • 03-08-2012 5:23 AM In reply to

• Glory
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 12-14-2006
    • Chicago
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 15,989
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

BladeRunner-Press/Gene:
    Eric:

Nelly:

Some of us are made to serve even after  death takes us!

Yeah, if Kenda pulls a head out of her backpack, run far-far away!
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket "When life gives you lemons... squirt your enemies in the eye."
  • 03-08-2012 7:27 AM In reply to

• NoirNevara
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-11-2006
    • Piqua, Ohio
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 21,570
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

Hello Nelly!  So sorry I didn''t respond earlier, thought I did but with work and school I don't know if I am coming or going!  We will get you a Wench symbol soon.  You meet all the criteria!  Welcome!

AKA Caed, Robin

Come visit me at the Peryton Publishing booth this year!
    Genizen
    Gamer Wench
    GenCon UN: Ohio Wasteland Delegate

Zombie Awareness Advocate

Zombie Walk Home Page/
    "I'm .... complicated"
    (Dorian Gray "LXG")

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."Edgar Allan Poe, "Eleonora"

http://http://www.perytonpublishing.com

• 03-08-2012 7:47 PM In reply to

• Minami
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-21-2011
    • Rhode Island
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,524
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Tester

Glory:
    Yeah, if Kenda pulls a head out of her backpack, run far-far away!

Umm...ICK!!!!! Ick!

"“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin (and Hobbes)

Her Royal Highness Collector of Minions and Cabin Boys (among the Gamer Wenches...and The World...muhaha!!)

• 03-09-2012 12:50 AM In reply to

• Nelly
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-29-2012
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,662
    • Dead Games Society
      Group (Gamer Wenches)

YAY :) I got two symbols :) :D :D

Does this mean I have some sort of responsibilities now?

• 03-09-2012 3:45 AM In reply to

• NDGeekboy
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2006
    • Gaming Encyclopedia
    • Points 43,626
    • Tester

Minami:

NDGeekboy:
    Oh, and, Nelly, just a heads up, but you won't be eligible for your own Gamer Wench Minion(TM) until after you've filled out all of the requisite paperwork (in triplicate, of course), it's been approved and stamped by all the requisite peoples, from LordKnyght all the way up to Barack himself, and completed your first Gen Con. (Minion Union rules.)

Now Geeky, don't you worry your pretty little head about her paperwork. Now get back to work serving Generichick before I have to have Lady Immortal get her whips out...again. 

Generichick? I was assigned to her? What happened to Delia? And I thought my main duties involved paperwork for the lot of you -- y'know, crossing those i's, dotting those t's, and all that other rubber-stamped nonsense.

And, hey, what happened to my appeal to be a Free Minion? C'mon now! I've got rights!

You see, you just can't trust anyone. The first time I let a girl into my life and she tried to eat me.
    - Columbus, Zombieland

The fundamental cause of trouble in this world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
    - Bertrand Russell
  • 03-09-2012 5:09 AM In reply to

• GaGo-Gene
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-03-2006
    • Indiana
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 19,151
    • Group (Kentucky Fried Gamers)
      Tester

NDGeekboy:

Minami:

NDGeekboy:

Generichick? I was assigned to her? What happened to Delia? And I thought my main duties involved paperwork for the lot of you -- y'know, crossing those i's, dotting those t's, and all that other rubber-stamped nonsense.

And, hey, what happened to my appeal to be a Free Minion? C'mon now! I've got rights!

And once again being dead pays off!  Jon, you should have never had Vanessa figure out how to revive you all at the end of the game!

• 03-09-2012 7:18 AM In reply to

• NoirNevara
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-11-2006
    • Piqua, Ohio
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 21,570
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)

Nelly:

Only if you want some *S* 

AKA Caed, Robin

Come visit me at the Peryton Publishing booth this year!
    Genizen
    Gamer Wench
    GenCon UN: Ohio Wasteland Delegate

Zombie Awareness Advocate

Zombie Walk Home Page/
    "I'm .... complicated"
    (Dorian Gray "LXG")

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."Edgar Allan Poe, "Eleonora"

http://http://www.perytonpublishing.com

• 03-09-2012 3:09 PM In reply to

• Nelly
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-29-2012
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,662
    • Dead Games Society
      Group (Gamer Wenches)

NoirNevara:

Nelly:

Only if you want some *S* 

I doubt that there is much I can do from all they way over here with mylack of knowlege, is there?:D

• 03-09-2012 5:16 PM In reply to

• Minami
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-21-2011
    • Rhode Island
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,524
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Tester

NDGeekboy:

As LK stated on the 'Minions' thread, Delia has not paid her tithe of cookies and you went to the next Wench who happens to be Generichick.Also, your appeal to be a Free Minion seems to have been misplaced...it may have been taken as evidence by the CDC after the ICC incident. Did you fill out the required form in triplicate and save a copy for yourself?

• 03-09-2012 5:35 PM In reply to

• Minami
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 01-21-2011
    • Rhode Island
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,524
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Tester

Eric:

Nelly:

So glad to hear you say that Eric! LordKnyght has told me I can only have one minion. I got in trouble for having two Sad He has decided that you are to be Nelly's minion now that her paperwork & acceptance in the Wenches is complete. She does still need to provide the cookies or drink to make the placement permanent.

• 03-09-2012 5:46 PM In reply to

• Mossi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 06-20-2006
    • Indy
    • Game Theorist
    • Points 25,370
    • Group (Gamer Wenches)
      Group (Mavens)

Minami:

So glad to hear you say that Eric! LordKnyght has told me I can only have one minion. I got in trouble for having two Sad He has decided that you are to be Nelly's minion now that her paperwork & acceptance in the Wenches is complete. She does still need to provide the cookies or drink to make the placement permanent.

Sorry, but LordKnyght does not have any authority in the Gamer Wenches to assign or limit minions! 

And I don't even know who MY minions are!

• 03-09-2012 5:49 PM In reply to

• Nelly
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-29-2012
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Gamer
    • Points 7,662
    • Dead Games Society
      Group (Gamer Wenches)

Minami:

Eric:

Nelly:

This is sooo exciting!! I have a minion! :) Score :D ...whom exactly is to be provided with the drink and cookies to make this a permanent placement? 

• 03-09-2012 6:56 PM In reply to

• NDGeekboy
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2006
    • Gaming Encyclopedia
    • Points 43,626
    • Tester

Minami:

NDGeekboy:

As LK stated on the 'Minions' thread, Delia has not paid her tithe of cookies and you went to the next Wench who happens to be Generichick.Also, your appeal to be a Free Minion seems to have been misplaced...it may have been taken as evidence by the CDC after the ICC incident. Did you fill out the required form in triplicate and save a copy for yourself?

Yes, I did. I even made extra copies and put them in a couple different safe deposit boxes for safe keeping.

What did you do with my paperwork, Minami? C'mon now. 'Fess up.

- Columbus, Zombieland

- Bertrand Russell
  • 03-09-2012 6:58 PM In reply to

• NDGeekboy
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2006
    • Gaming Encyclopedia
    • Points 43,626
    • Tester

Nelly:

Minami:

Eric:

Nelly:

This is sooo exciting!! I have a minion! :) Score :D ...whom exactly is to be provided with the drink and cookies to make this a permanent placement? 

You might want to keep an eye on him. He likes throwing people things.

- Columbus, Zombieland

- Bertrand Russell
Page 2 of 11 (207 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »